Is Cleaning and Disinfecting Enough to Combat COVID-19 Contamination?
ServiceMaster by Bailey goes beyond disinfection with our third step in the process: Protect. While continued cleaning and disinfection of surface areas is still important for COVID-19, there are several other organisms that pose a threat to one’s health. Our protection product is designed to create a barrier that protects both hard surfaces and upholstery for 90-days. This antimicrobial protection seals the area so customers can disinfect the surface for 90 days without removing the layer of protection.
Protection Against Organisms Associated With:
- Staphylococcus Aureus: MRSA, staph infections
- Escherichia Coli: E Coli
- Salmonella Typhosa: Typhoid fever
- Listeria Monocytogenes: Meningitis, UTIs, Sepsis
- Candida Albicans: Athlete’s foot and yeast infections
- Haemophilus Influenzae: Pneumonia, meningitis, septic arthritis
What’s the Difference Between Using a Disinfecting Fogger vs a Pump Sprayer?
How you apply the disinfectant is just as important as the type of disinfectant used. We use disinfectant foggers for both preventative cleaning and decontamination services. We believe this is more efficient than standard pump sprayers for several reasons (top 3 reasons below).
- Foggers work 10x faster than pump sprayers. Our technicians are able to cover 15,000 square feet with a fogger.
- Foggers provide better coverage and a more even distribution of product than pump sprayers.
- Since the particles are smaller, the impact is less on sensitive materials like paper or fabrics than if you were to use a pump sprayer, essentially soaking the area vs misting.
It is safe to assume pump sprayers are less effective, while foggers provide a more thorough cleaning with less impact and in less time.
How much does COVID-19 disinfection services cost?
Our COVID-19 cleaning services vary depending on several factors. We will come out to your facility and do an assessment of these factors and help you build a regimen that works best for specific needs.
- Exposure Level (Confirmed vs Preventative)
Protocols for confirmed or suspected COVID case facilities are much different than say a preventative cleaning/disinfection service. It is recommended that for any confirmed or suspected cases, you should have an Industrial Hygienist on site and increased PPE.
2. Cleaning Method
There is no such thing as a one-size-fits-all cleaning method. We strive for the most effective method for your facilities’ particular needs. Whether we use hand wiping or electrostatic spray (aka fogger), it will be custom to your facility.
What product and how it’s used is all very important to the effectiveness of a COVID disinfection service. Product registration, mixing, dwell time and application method, are all critical factors. We don’t cut costs by over-diluting our products.
Contact us to schedule your facility assessment TODAY! Click here or call us at 770-720-9533.